Thursday, June 17, 2010

Hang on...here we go!


We got slapped by the life stick this last month!


We are now officially parents of a Freshman!!!! Did I just type that?!? Oh yes I did!

Ashlee promoted from 8th grade last Wed. and what a wonderful ceremony! Of course I'd say that because my daughter was not only in it....but she was one of 7 speakers as well. Her part was speaking about family and she did an absolutely amazing job! My mom cried! I was SO filled with pride I was gonna burst!! James filmed most of it...the parts with her and then some others with her friends, we've yet to watch it, probably cry this time.

Because they spoke, they were the first ones to receive their certificate and the only ones to have their picture taken with the principal where he turned towards the cameraman as well. The principal acknowledged the Honor students and then the 11 quarter Honor students and the special award students. Ashlee stood for the 11 quarter Honor roll part and stayed standing for the special award announcement of Language Arts. (we went to that assembly the last part of May) The gold cord she's wearing (and the other kids as well that earned it) is because of getting a 4.0 or higher for all 11 quarters......her whole Jr. High career basically.

******BRAG ALERT.....BRAG ALERT......******** (like you haven't figured that out)

She had to go to school the next day to get the 8th grade picture taken and then they got to watch the 8th grade video and get their actual certificate. Afterwards she went to her best friends house and I picked her up later, but not before stopping at school to give the Principal a card. The 7 kids who spoke at Promotion had been practicing with him for the last month and a half and conversations had taken place. We found out that he goes to the RV store James works at but has never seen him, so we gave him a certificate to spend there for being an amazing Principal and running the school with pride and integrity at such a young age of 32ish.

He asked if I had a few minutes and we went into his office where he proceeded to tell me that he's seen some great kids come through the school, but he was impressed by Ashlee the most. That all the kids did a great job at promotion (which they did) but she stood out among them all. (enter knot in throat) Then he says he couldn't give me a copy, but if the school had a Valedictorian......she'd be it. The paper he showed me was the class ranking...........she's #1!!!!!!
OMGosh! (I actually already knew that, there was a yearbook page that she's on with the 4 top students and it got leaked to her that day.) But to have the man show me......wow. Then we had a 3 year conversation in about 20 min.. As I'm leaving, his closing comments to me where that Ashlee is going places and if ever she needs a letter of recommendation at any point in her life, especially for/after college or for traveling to a foreign country, just contact him and it is done.

Ok.........who the heck gave her these smarts?????? (insert bow) Thank you....thank you.....thank you.......hahahahahahaha.....right!

So little miss smarty pants got herself a Macbook for that awesome feat in Jr. High. Not to mention she already knows how to use a Mac because of yearbook class and it'll come in handy in High School. We actually are so done with PC that we got 2 of 'em. The viruses and crap got to be enough.......so yea, Bill Gates made some money off of us. But WOW what a difference, and easy. (so far) Except loading pictures into blogger takes forever!

Jessi is now a 5th grader. Holy time warp! What's going on?! She did really well this year also. She managed to get Honor Roll for 3.0 or higher all year!

She's also found her niche in soccer as goalie. She's hardcore! So hardcore that she hurts her knees diving to make a save, not too much, but enough to complain. Slow down there girlie!

James was her coach this season.......yes, I typed that........he actually did a good job. He was fair and the girls had fun all season. Their record was 6-2 and they made it to the first playoff game, but they lost. Honestly, the team they played....played dirty. Elbows and pushing...but the girls played fair and did their best. James let them try all the positions each and gave them a chance to not be "stuck" in a position like some coaches do to them. He was, however, a little stingy with Jes being goalie, because when she wasn't....that's when they lost! But the parents commented on how their daughters loved this team and couldn't wait to practice and play games compared to other teams they'd been on. So I'd say he came out of his box a little.


Over Memorial Day weekend we went to something called Spirit West Coast down in Del Mar. It's a Christian music festival featuring Air 1...90.1 out here. We got to see our favorite Christian bands in concert all weekend and hear messages and fellowship and camp with the RV. It was a blast! The girls got to meet 2 of their favorite groups....Fireflight and Hawk Neslson, and get their autographs on CD's and their ipod and an army type dogtag! James got to fist bump Hawk Nelson's lead singer and Ashlee just about died! We can't help it if we actually talk to the band members and not slink through all mushy love struck!



We went with Jessi's best friends family who happen to be my friends too. (yes, I have friends) It was a good time......but I'm bringing earplugs next year. I'm old, what can I say? But when you are literally 10 feet from the stage taking AWESOME pictures......you need earplugs!
Good wholesome music that can rock the house is alright with me! Go Skillet!!!


And since school has been out, it's been a revolving door of sleepovers around here. Not to mention my kids have turned into fish......and I am now the cabana girl!!!

Father's Day we're heading out to Pasadena to see the chalk festival. People can section off a good piece of sidewalk and draw to their hearts content. Some of the artwork is incredible and even 3D looking.

Then the weekend after that I'm so looking forward to seeing my Aunt and Uncle who will be out here for a conference!!!

Until next time........





5 Comments:

Amy said...

Oh...I can just FEEL your proudness!!! Congrats on raising one amazing young lady!!! That had everything to do with YOU!

:) Tracie said...

Thanks Amy.....but actually, it was all her.
(but I get what you're sayin')

Meri said...

I am so proud of her!! You must be over the moon! Congrats on a hugely successful school year. Enjoy your summer mom! Sounds like you already had a great start!!

Hallie Addington said...

Yay!!! What a wonderful way to start the summer! Fantastic!!

phonelady said...

Hi tracie please come follow me as well I am a former d mom and also have the big d myself a house full of t1s at one such time my oldest son and myself . congrats on the kiddo . Hope all is well and hope you dont get rained out on the 4th and I also want to go fishing as well on the am of the 4th . so we shall see .

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online