Wednesday, February 03, 2010

grumble...groan...

The McKinnon house is fightin' viruses.

It all started last Wed. after a school event at the local skate rink. Jessi had a stuffy nose afterwards and felt icky. No fever.

Then Thursday night I was feeling crappy and she was doing ok. No fevers.

Friday afternoon was soccer practice with the new team and the first pizza party. I wasn't wanting to be anywhere but bed. 99.2 for me, no fever for Jes.

Saturday was 2 soccer games with the old team--regionals--bright and early. Jes was ok, me...not so much. I lost my voice somewhere and now I sound like a dude! No fevers.

Sunday was the final 2 games that would determine whether or not her old team would go on to state. They lost the first game. End of the line for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. What a great first year in soccer it was for Jessi! They even got metals again, this time with the 6 teams region numbers. (secretly....glad it's over. time to focus on the new team, they're more fun than competitive) Still sound like a dude......did I mention it's not a good idea to try and yell at a soccer game when you can't even talk?! No fevers.

Monday.......kids in school, I'm in bed. No fever.......don't feel like it though. dude voice.

Tuesday.....kids in school, I'm in bed. No fever.....don't feel like it though. dude voice.

Wednesday.......not in bed, on computer......bad need of a shower.....HAVE to go to the grocery store or we don't eat. Jessi started feeling like crap last night, feels ok to go to school, but I'm trying not to breathe on anyone. Still no fevers. dude voice. (this is getting old)

My oldest is having a kinipshun about staying healthy for her birthday next Tuesday......priorities of a soon to be 14 yr. old. She's spraying Lysol everywhere and avoiding the sickos at all costs. (it's kinda funny)

What's NOT funny is the doctor telling me yesterday afternoon that what I have is Viral and contagious. I thought for sure I had a sinus infection....seeing as how the front of my face feels like a two ton truck is parked there. Antibiotics....no need, yet. Um hello? I waited 6 days before I went to the Dr. and I really wanted medicine so this crap can stop in it's tracks! Enjoy the co-pay. really. it's on me.

So I guess we'll be playing "pass the virus" for awhile over here. If my teenager gets sick.........oh man.......I'll never hear the end of it!

Things will be slowing down around here, that's for sure. Time to get healthy. Time for some homemade soup. Time for bed. Oh, wait....shower, store, make soup, pick up kids, homework, watch church online, then bed.

Is there something on my face?

2 Comments:

Hallie Addington said...

Feel better soon, Friend! I sure hope your family stays healthy! Sick is no fun! Praying for you....

Meri said...

What a week! I'm sorry you sound like a dude. :( I hope you feel better soon! Congrats on the soccer finals, it is amazing how far they got!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online