Sunday, February 14, 2010

About me

Ok....ok......I've been stalking blogs again and reading about everyone.

I agree to the terms...........so here's a bit about me.

1. I have a nose fetish. Do not touch my nose. period. It erks me to no end when it's touched. (Maybe because my dad would always grab it and say "I got yer nose"?) Not sure exactly, but I hate when my family thinks it's funny and tries to touch my nose. Along with that goes the fact that I will not blow my nose. nope. I could be congested as heck.....won't blow it. I will, however, use Q-tips to pick it. That is why I have stock in Q-tips. Many Q-tips.

2. Sad, but admittedly, my family annoys me lately. I mean REALLY annoys me. To the point where I don't wanna talk to them...........at all. They're a buncha spoiled rotten mean selfish lazy buttheads. I'm sure this'll pass soon, but man, somethin's gotta give!

3. I won't share my food. (I too fit into catagory #2, apparently) If I have the better cooked steak, or food item, I won't trade with my kids or husband. Too bad, eat yours. But I will take theirs if it's better than mine. I will also send food back.........in a nice way.......if I'm not satisfied with it, I trust that I do it nicely and they won't spit in it.

4. I am a pack rat. A pile person. I can tell you what pile something is in and how far down, but I am not organized about it. There are piles on the table, in the spare room (everywhere), the garage, you name it. Not just papers, but things as well. It's slowly driving me mad lately, so this one might change soon. Might.

5. I know a ton of people, but have few close friends. Could have something to do with my very best friend I had lost 15 years ago to suicide, or not, I'm really not too focused on the why's. I'm just more comfortable with a few good friends that I can count on and be as close as I want or not and not have to worry about being stretched between everyone.

6. I am a truth teller and DO NOT like liars. I try to say things in love, sometimes unsucessfully, but I don't like it when people skate around the truth just to spare someone's feelings or just because it's not appropriate for the moment. And if you lie to me.....................................you're done.

7. I am outwardly confident and fearless. I use humor to cover up insecurity, and to sometimes get a point across without offending. (hypocrite....see #6) Inside, at times, I feel like a complete failure and loser. I have always been the strong one. Tell me what needs to be done and I'll do it. Took a long time to get this way with certain aspects, but for the most part, these shoulders have alot more weight on them than I'd like to be handling.

8. I never finished college. In fact, I got accademically dismissed from one University. There was no major in partying, how'd I know that? I achieved a goal at age 21 and got my high paying dream job. So I thought. 3 years later I abruptly quit and haven't looked back. Best decision ever made. You could even say that I had my mid-life crisis at age 24. I have no desire to ever return to school for even my Associate degree. Nada.
Yes, I want my kids to go to school and do well, but ultimately, there are WAY more important things in life than a College degree and career. Period. End of discussion.

9. I was raised Catholic. I have been a Christian for 12 years now. I've been hot and cold with it, admittedly. And though I know alot of the things I was taught growning up Catholic are relatively the same as Christianity......what was lacking was actual scripture study and being led to Salvation. Enough of the ceremonies and feel good sermons, let's get into the Truth of The Bible! My heart hurts for the people I know who are not saved because of their lack of true knowledge of The Gospel. Although I don't know half as much as I would like to know, I am learning and growing in my faith and helping my family to do the same.

10. I am a total and complete klutz! I have broken my right pinkie toe twice, my left pinkie toe 5 weeks ago, and my right big toe was sprained 4 years ago. I hyper extended my left knee in Hawaii at age 17 body surfing and that was the only "cool" injury I've had. All the other injuries are of the doofus kind.

11. I am a reader. Love to read. Am currently reading christian/family/discipline/relational books. Well, I have a bunch ready to be read, but I'm being lazy these days. (see #2, dang what a hypocrite) Haven't read Twilight, our family didn't jump on that band wagon. We boycotted it. sorry.

12. I love to scrapbook and paper craft. I don't do it as often as I actually have time for it, but I love it! Our spare room is a craft/computer room and holds my mini version of a Hobby Lobby/ Michaels scrapbook section. I have been "collecting" supplies for at least 10 years, and you would think with all I have I would actually use it. (I'm seeing a trend with #2 here)(geez)

13. We are 'Survivor' nuts around here. The 20th season is airing this month with Heroes vs. Villians and we are LOVING it! We've only missed one season of it all these years and this is pretty much the only show we are die hard fans of. Everything else is just....ech.

So that's a little me.........take it or leave it.

2 Comments:

Wendy said...

What an awesome list! I love getting to know you better and hearing more about the other side of your computer screen :)

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

Great list! Thx for playing along!! The nose thing cracks me up!! HAHAHAHA

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online