Thursday, February 26, 2009

Ugg..........

"Been beat up
been broken down
nowhere but up
when you're lyin' face down on the ground."

Lyrics to song I like, but I can't remember who the band is.

After World War Ten yesterday, that's pretty much how I felt.

It's amazing how change can bring out the worst! I think it's actually the fear of the change that does it. Or in this case, the selfishness of this family that prevents the good to seep in. Either way, let me just say that my kids can "bring it"! With a vengence.

But alas, the "mean Mom" prevails........in the event of getting grounded! I know two kids who have been shut down from anything for a week. They beg to differ, but beg all they want, all they'll hear is their favorite word from me.........."NO".

Wanna know what was SO big a deal they chose to be punished for? For the behavior that couldn't be controlled despite SEVERAL warnings?

Going to church. That's right, I said church.

We've been "busy" with other things and haven't gone for awhile, but decided last night was the night to get back into the groove. There was a major upset in that none of their friends could go and accompany them to class, so they refused to go. I heard....Why didn't I tell them sooner, they could've asked someone ahead of time. They're not going to class, they hate it. Can't friend so and so or this one or that one go? We don't need to learn on our level, we understand just fine. Blah, blah, blah.
Well, I feel they need to go no matter if a friend goes or not. They would do well to make friends in class (which Jessi usually does anyway, Ashlee won't bother). Sitting with us shouldn't be an option, because someone usually has to explain a part the Pastor is speaking about and it distracts from our learning. We tried rotating with Ashlee, jr. high class/overflow/jr. high class, but she doesn't want to go to class at all now. Big mistake. Jessi's not too hard to convince, but she threw a stellar tamtrum last night that had us questioning her sanity. Didn't help that she was 400, probably where that tamtrum came from.

So we didn't go. Couldn't reasonably go with Jes being 400. We wouldn't have paid attention anyway, would've been too busy worrying. And don't even get me started on half the family going and half staying home. Let's just say I seem to be the only one who can do things by myself, and that's a rareity. (maybe it's the silence that motivates me) Good thing we can watch the live service via internet, which is what we've been doing, so that's what I did. Everyone else spent the evening in their rooms (punished) and on the couch in front of the "boob tube".

Guess I should warn them today about next Wednesday night, no excuse for planning ahead then.

I swear.

1 Comment:

Amy said...

Umm..yep...been there!!! :) With cruddy attitudes and all about church. And we've had times with Jada that I don't leave her in her classroom b/c she's too high and feeling yucky- there are times that I don't leave her b/c I'm afraid she's going to drop too low. And there are times when I've been sitting and can't pay attention b/c my thoughts are on her and have to go and get her b/c I'm just too anxious.
Hope it goes better next time! :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online