The old man is snoring!
It's coming down pretty good. We need this rain badly. It helps with the fire season, which for us is basically always, but our rainfall has been seriously lacking. Which means there's a good chance of flooding and mudslides. And lest we forget the drivers who know how to drive in the rain........four words.......stay off the roads!
People out here suck at driving in the rain! Panic drivers. Already there are hoards of accidents! Idiots. I have midwestern in me, so my driving is flawless!
Imagine if it snowed by me. Yikes! There was black ice on the roads a couple of weeks ago....when we hit 32 degrees....at night. Didn't have to drive in that, but my windshield was icy! (woo hoo)
Certain parts of my yard are sure to flood though. I have this awesome gutter system that drains retarded in certain places. Like to the side yard right off my driveway....and the runoff from that just pools in my driveway which makes for spectacular wet pants and shoes as we try to get into the cars. My pool cover will flood too, we bought a pump for that. Sits right on the surface and drains the water to the grass where we've directed the hose to. We'll use that for the driveway at times too. (buncha hillbilly's)
But at least we have a blue tarp that's nailed to the patio cover and hangs down so the dog house area will stay dry. I can't help it, I feel bad for the dogs when it rains or it's cold. We don't let them in the house much, so it's the least we could do. My oldest dog will freak out if there's thunder or lightening and she'll scratch at the doors to get in. Sometimes we'll let her stay in the garage, but I usually just drug her up with benedryl and that calms her down. (the vet suggested it) If the younger dog wouldn't pee in the house, then we'd let them in......but she's an idiot, so out they stay to keep eachother company. No panzy dogs here!
Unfortunately when we get rain, it means most everyone east of here will get snow. Hope you guys will stay warm and not get too much snow or rain!
Hey, maybe I'll post pictures of my yard if it floods! Yee haw, get the camera daddy!
Tuesday, January 30, 2007
It's raining...it's pouring
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :) Tracie at 4:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment