Friday, October 13, 2006

LEGOS



You know you had some.
You know you still play with them.
And you definately know you step on them still......well, I do anyway.

Betcha didn't know they make Spongebob Legos!!! Well they do! And their pretty cool too! There's Spongebob, Patrick and Squidward's house's, then there's the Krusty Krab, and even a giant Spongebob. Around Christmas time there's going to be Sandy's house and Plankton's Chum Bucket Restaurant. (can you tell we watch Spongebob?) Aren't the pictures cool?!? Word of warning though......these things come with instructions alright...in the form of a booklet! Not talkin' about fold up map type intructions....talkin' about magazine style instructions! I kid you not. Very easy to follow, if you don't push too hard on the Legos and have to start all over again. And know this, the kids will break off parts and want YOU to fix it. All the time. Just so they can break parts off every two minutes for you to fix. Now. Stop what you're building now and fix this one now. Grrrrrrr!

But seriously, can't wait to see the Christmas releases. (And stop what I'm building and fix the broken parts...now, right now.) Because you see, I build Legos. Not only because it's so much dang fun (truly, it is) but because James doesn't do directions. (shocker)


I've been slapping Legos together since I was a kid. I remember going to my cousin's house and we would spend hours making houses and furniture and stuff with their Legos. Usually it was just me and Anza (hi!) taking over the boy's Legos for the day, or until they bugged us too much and we went outside. I can't remember if we divided things equally, or just free-for-alled. But I do remember they had a TON of Legos! So, I'm sure my Aunt and Uncle stepped on quite a few in their day....and probably still are! My brother had quite a few too. He had a lot of Star Wars Legos. Those usually stayed in tact, but there were others too. My dad would be the Lego builder in our house, mom never had the patience. Must be what's going on in my house now, only reversed.

So the other day in the Lego store......you heard me, the LEGO STORE.....I was like a deer in the headlights. They had this awesome section where you could pick and purchase loose Legos! The price went according to container size and there was stuff like doors, shutters, CLEAR blocks, fences, wheels, multiple size blocks, and windows for cars and houses. They were all in these open containers imbedded in the wall. You picked what you wanted! It was amazing! If that type of store had been around when we were kids......our parents would be broke! Shoot, we'd be broke too! No question where to spend the Birthday and Christmas money then! They also had this play area with lots of Legos to play with.....shoulda charged by the hour and walah...instant babysitter! (it's a thought) They even had a sale section. Remember those hard to find flat boards to build on? Got a huge one for $5! Where the heck were those 25 years ago?!?! (just aged myself, didn't I?) And yes, I played with Legos when I was an older kid....SO?

I still do......just don't tell the kids. Ssshhhhh.

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online