Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Can you see me now?






Took Ash to the eye doctor last week and turns out she's slightly nearsighted. She'll need to get glasses to use only for seeing the board at school and watching movies. (Movies? What movies? Like we go to the movies!)

Ok, so I felt like a dufus. See, last year she was complaining she couldn't see the board and she wanted to get her eyes checked. I blew her off. Mainly because she'd come home talking about this girl and that girl who got glasses. I really thought it was one of those "I want glasses 'cuz they have glasses" sort of thing going on.

Boy was I wrong. Not the "your vision is horrible" wrong, but the "I told you so" wrong.
Felt about two inches tall that day. But no way was I going to let her know that! I did tell her she was right about the glasses and then very quickly changed the subject to what kind of glasses did she want to get. I do have my tough mom image to keep up ya know!

Now the battle's going to be what kind of frames to get. Oh sure....we found the $129 frames that do look good.....but we're talking first pair of glasses that might get broken or lost. Not to mention we don't have coverage on our insurance for glasses. (nice huh?) So we'll check out other options before we give in and get the ones she wants. (gotta put in a good resistance for lessons sake) (who's lesson is the real question) HA!

I have to say though, it's her sister who's wanting glasses now just because Ash's getting them! This coming from the one who can spot the needle in the haystack.......go figure!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online