Last Saturday was the first game of the season for Jessi's new soccer team. This is team number 5 for her. We keep her in soccer all year, rotating between AYSO and CYAA (Christian Youth Association). She loves it and it keeps her in shape (for the most part). I really like the Christian League because it's SO much calmer than AYSO with the focus on God and fun and not the competitiveness.
Don't get me wrong...I like soccer, but I'm just not as obsessed as others (ahem....James). This is, however, the season of rain and mud and coldness, with games rain or shine and only cancelled if there's lightening. (lightening? c'mon, this is SoCal) So basically, these are the muddy laundry uniforms!
The first game was "crazy hair", so I helped out spraying their hair.......good thing it washes out, I wasn't so neat (gloves are deceiving).
Since my new friend Marisa stalks (I mean reads) my blog, I thought I'd let her see her daughter's pictures too. (hi stalker!)
That blue was still in her hair after her shower...
The whole team.....a really nice bunch of girls...drama free so far!
Hey Marisa....is she standing on the ball?! I couldn't tell....
Alissa setting up for the goal shot....
S C O R E ! ! ! First and only goal for us in the 4th quarter!
She's going to get goalie experience this season again......."not in her house!"
High five beats ball in the face.... ;)
Coach high five'd every girl......
After the game, handing out the praise cards. These are comments from other girls parents about positive things you did in the game. (see, build them up...I love it)
This is Jordan with Jessi....they just got done playing together in AYSO on the California Girls. Even though they're on different teams, they're still friends. It was actually kinda funny, they kept thinking they were still playing on the same team this game, and were being considerate on the field! We play them again, we'll see about next time!
Off to a great season so far! We get to see a lot of the same people we've played with before, in fact 2 girls Jessi played against Saturday were on her team last year in CYAA. We've met great parents and kids again this season and with the exception of the rain, I'm looking forward to Saturday games for the next 2 months! Team picture day is this coming Saturday, I'm gonna run out of wall space for all her team pictures!
After soccer's over Saturday....we head to the High School to have a tennis fundraiser playing against the girls on Ashlee's tennis team.......we'll see how those pictures turn out! HA!

2 Comments:
hahahaha OK Stalker great pics of the girls. Can't wait to see what you post next week! No pressure or anything like that now.
I **LOVE** the way they hand out praise cards!!! THAT IS AWESOME!
Now I want blue hair. I think I might do that one day in 2011 ;)
Post a Comment