Monday, May 03, 2010

absentee blogger...party of one

Ok.....first things first.......last Wednesday we had a group of famous and ex-famous people come to our church and give their testamonies. How they came to Christ. In this picture are 3 guys that we got to hear. They're labeled with white so you can put faces to the names. The others look really familiar, but their names escape me, and they weren't at church that night. Labeled from right to left are; Ryan Reis, Brian 'Head' Welch the ex-lead guitarist from KORN and Sonny the lead singer from POD.


Sonny got up first after intro's and gave a little info about his salvation, but mostly described what The Whosoevers are about and then introduced Brian.

Brian Welch used to play lead guitar for the heavy metal band KORN. He talked about his life of fame, drugs, and the affect those things had on him. He spoke of his daughter and his ex-wife whom he used to call a used up junkie....until he too became one. He spoke of the bands 5 members getting married and drugs and alcohol destroying those marriages and how he felt empty and needed something to change. He'd heard of God, but one night challenged Him and said if He was real to come into his life and take these drugs away. After dabbling for about 2 more weeks, he got serious and really cried out to God and within a few days he was drug free with hardly any withdrawl symptoms of desires to do drugs again. He left the band KORN in the height of a 20 million dollar contract negociation and took all kinds of crap about being a 'cardboard Christian' and a 'fake' and the things you could imagine being said. Now he focuses on raising his 9 yr old daughter and sharing his testimony.

Then Ryan Reis was introduced. He's the son of a famous pastor named Raul Reis. Ryan was part of the skateboard circuit and clothing line Circa. He told about being that 'pastors kid' and being brought up in a Christian home and how he went in the complete opposite direction. He spoke of drugs, many many drugs, and different women each night and the Playboy Mansion and his fame and fortune and how he'd done so many drugs that he couldn't keep high anymore. When he'd had enough, he turned and challenged God as well to show Himself and take his drugs away and come into his life. He was drug free days later with no withdrawl symptoms and now he tours with this group of people telling his testimony.

John 3:16 says "For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whosoever believes in Him should have everlasting life."

Get it???? The Whosoevers.......clever! They try to reach the youth of today 'right where they are'. And they are real, and raw and not sugarcoated. They're honest and personable and real people who have been there and done that and had what most people desire but never achieve and it all meant nothing. Nothing without The Lord Jesus Christ. Not religion, religion is bogus.....it's about a relationship with Christ.



If you ever have the chance to hear them.....please, please, please go to where they are. It will move you beyond measure. They are doing something that actually counts in this life.


4 Comments:

Hallie Addington said...

Awesome! I love it!

Meri said...

I love the name! So cool!

Wendy said...

I LOVE THIS POST!!!!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!!!!

It's SO NOT about religion...I love that I've connected with other mothers who get that :)

WOOHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meri said...

I wanted to tell ya, I got the magnet at a local book store called Copperfield Books. I looked online and it didn't look like they sold them there...but if you like I'll see if they have some more if I'm in there again anytime soon. :)

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online