How vain am I? ;)
Busy.......busy.......busy.......
story of everybodies life, right? Here's a little catch up about us...
* This week I'm helping Jessi's school with the spring book fair. It's fun because of the kids and that's just what I do....volunteer galore!
I've been telling my husband that I can't get a job because I can't even stand to be on my feet for more than 6 hours! They hurt! He laughs at me, but dude, I'm serious! I come home pooped! (wonder how long I can keep this ruse up....heehee)
* With our wonderful government budget cutting the school districts left and right, we've been battling our district to release our 8th grader out of our district so that she can stay in her current district and go to the high school that her middle school would go to. Otherwise she would have to go to a different high school where she doesn't know ANYONE and none of the kids she's been with since kindergarten would be going there either. We haven't said a word to her because she would start to have anxiety over it and then we'd be dealing with serious anxiety issues like we did when we first moved here 6 years ago. (the whole reason we kept her in the old district) So, we went through the proper proceedures and chains of command.......all the while being told it's a money issue and her best interest wasn't first. Sad, huh?! To actually be told to your face. Very, very frustrating. She's never even been in this district, what'er they losing? Money, all hail the mighty dollar....sad.
BUT.........we found a loophole! There's a class these high schools don't offer and that's what she's signing up for! Film Making 1. I got the call today that the denial was being overturned based on that class. WOO HOO!!!! We get to stay on the same path!!!
* Jessi's having skin issues. It looks like an allergic reation, but I think it's a chemical reaction. The Skin Tac we have is in a bottle and discolored slightly and it's the culprit for what looks like horrible skin rashes where old sites were. IV3000's are saving the day and her skin is healing. We're putting Cloverine Salve on it and it's doing a way better job than Nesporin or Hydrocortisone.
BUT....she wants to take a break from her Ping. (wha????) So I've been talking with the Dr.'s office and he encourages pump "vacations". To help the kids get a sence of some sort of control with diabetes and to develop responsibility so things don't backfire in their future. (you know, rebellion issues) So, ok, we'll try it. We've discussed what's gonna happen......5-6 shots, play date changes, etc. and she's still all for it. (wha????) So starting Monday we're going for it. Ahhhh, good times, good times. :0
That's pretty much our boring existence around here. And it makes for a boring post with no pictures...........go me!
Type you guys later, gotta make some grub for the creeps!
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Did ya miss me?
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :) Tracie at 4:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 Comments:
Do you miss me??? I totally need to update my blog-aside from my Mom's birthday!
Welcome to my life with the pump vacation!! He has yet to want to try it again! He even attempted to give himself an injection today. Didn't take, but he tried!! Sad thing about this is that I have 3 FULL boxes of pods just sitting in my cabinet. Already paid for (met his deductible with that) and they sit. I have been in contact with our rep at the ADA and she is actually checking with some of the support groups to see if they are wanted/needed. Tried e-bay, but a message popped up with FDA regulations and even though I don't think it applies to me, better safe than sorry!!!
I am hoping that after the summer and after camp, he might want to give it a go again and see if he still reacts (maybe I should remove the pod from the adhesive and just put the adhesive on him to see how that reacts).
Ok...totally rambling. Could have written my own post on my blog with this junk!!
Talk to you soon!!!
You know it's funny, when someone posts that you haven't heard from in awhile it is so awesome! Like, ya...where the heck HAS Tracie been????
I'm glad to be caught up, but man, sorry about the pump vacation thing. That is such a bummer. :( I would cry and throw a tantrum before such a thing would happen here. (Crazy/selfish mother alert!)
Rest your feet friend, I totally know. I went on an ALL DAY field trip with 8 year olds, and man...I was sore!!
Hey Chino California!!! Are you freezing your little tootsies???? We're not!!!! We are almost 20 degrees warmer than you!! HAHA!!!
HEY HEY HEY!!!!!!!!! We had an unexpected pump break last year when Addy's pump died right before the weekend...her numbers were flat out BLISSFUL back on shots!!!!!!!!! I was kinda sad to go back to the pump, but....that didn't last long. If I didn't have IOB, I would seriously need a full bottle of wine!
(((hugs)))
Post a Comment