Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Monday Night's "Rock Concert"

Monday night was the second soccer playoff game between The Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Smashing Pumpkins.

Here's our girls warming up by kicking into the goal net.....

Then here they are right before the game started. They were pumping each other up.

I had to show this next one, even though Jes would be SO MAD if she saw this (she hasn't even seen these pictures yet), but what is up with her behind?!? It totally looks like she's got a bleach spot on her shorts, or she's a lightening bug! It's actually the park light that's right above her head and somehow it got deflected by the camera onto her butt. Weird. I had a really hard time taking these night pictures. I guess I'm gonna have to learn how to adjust the aperature for night shots.
See the blurry ball she's about to kick..............this is what I was saying about having a hard time taking night pictures...


She was in the mix of these girls for like 6 or 7 kicks.....she would not let them get that ball.....it was SO cool to see her being aggressive and not give up. These girls were determined!


And the ever so famous..... Air Jessi...... even in blurr...

This was a spectacular game! Both teams brought their A game and played their hearts out! I was really proud of all those girls on that field! My mother in law, sister in law, and 2 nephews were there to help cheer Jessi on and at one point my mother in law commented that this game was so exciting she thought she'd have a heart attack!
Baseball has been the family game as the older boys were growning up, but now the girls are growing up and it's soccer and they think it's really fun too. Of course it is the playoffs and the energy is really high, but what a great night it was!
The score?!............ 2-0 .......our team! We beat the only team that's ever tied us! Sweet victory!
On to Saturday for the 3rd playoff game!

5 Comments:

Meri said...

Congratulations!!! I know how stressful soccer games are. I used to always leave the games with trobbing headaches. I learned my lesson though...I always take advil before a game. :) Then I can be in the mood to celebrate too!

Andrea said...

WAY TO GO JESSI AND THE RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS!!!! Best of luck with the next one!!!

By the way...the butt pic looks like a reflection of the light just above them in the background...or it's an orb and the field is haunted!!!!

Andrea said...

Sorry about repeating myself...I forgot I was on the computer and that I wasn't talking to my kids!!!!

Shannon said...

That is just too awesome! WAY TO GO JESSI!

I so wish I could play soccer...or go outside for that matter. Dang cold weather!

Shamae (Ghost written by Loren her hubby) said...

AWESOME!!! I LOVE team sports! Always have! Always will! Great pics! Jessi is adorable! Way to go!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online