Thursday, July 09, 2009

I'm back in the saddle again !!

Well, after feeling like I've been kicked off the horse these days, I'm resurfacing!


There's lots to catch up on.......

First off, here's our FUZE photo.....

We found it at Super Wal-Mart on sale for $1.00. That was only one of two she actually drank. I don't think she likes them much, but I think we just didn't find the right flavor.

Then both girls got haircuts.....


And then this thing found us the week school got out.......


and we put up posters and an ad in the paper, only to get 9 calls and none for her. One was close, but no cigar. So needless to say she's been hanging around for 6 weeks now AND she was in heat when she found us. We have an appointment next Friday to get her fixed, but hopefully one of our neighbors will take her to his siter...I have to go ask him today. "Hi, does your sister want this cute girl...oh, and she might be pregnant".......that's gonna go over well. But I can't not tell him, that's not right. She'd be okay to have around, but she pees everywhere! My big dogs are used to seeing her through the screens, and they don't growl anymore, but they've smelled her with my holding her.........I don't trust them because they have killed 3 cats, a small dog, a possum, and a gopher. (just for the record, I've only actually seen them attack a cat, the others were found dead in our yard) Not too sure if keeping her is wise. But to those who know the story........there's total irony in a chihuahua finding us!!!! (you can stop laughing now)

Today our Rep from Animas came to the house and set me up with the EzManager program and download cords for Jessi's Ping. He gave me a step by step tutorial with the program and spent and hour and a half here making sure I understood and was comfortable with what I learned. I now am better equipped to manage her diabetes. All the more reason to know that our choice of Animas was the best choice we made for Jessi reguarding pumps. I feel blessed to have a company Representative give us special and undivided attention so we can do the best for our child. All this and the man has a father in the hospital suffering the effects of a stroke and yet he finds the time to make sure his people are ok. Amazing man, keep his family in prayer please.

He's also going to send Jessi one of their new skins for her pump........they have about 7 skins he said and he's just gonna give her one.....it's about time they step up their kid friendly accessories!

So, pretty much that's it. There's VBS next week for Jes and Ash wants to spend time at her best friends house next week for a day or two. I kinda enjoy having them home.......I say kinda because I have never had SO MUCH fighting since my dating years!!! Summer's going fast and ya know what???.........I'm OK with that!!!! Bring on the school year!!!!

Until then......I'll try not to stay away too long.......I have been lurking blogs, just haven't felt much like anything lately. But it's ok, everyone has a funk.

Waiting on Andrea for a camp update! Or pictures!

5 Comments:

Wendy said...

I'm happy to hear you're feeling better. Those funks always get me down too...I think I've noticed them more often as a SAHM. Not sure why -- maybe because it's a job you can't ever escape?

Anyway, did you just call Animas and ask for help with the software? I haven't even tried to install it yet...but I really want to. With the Cozmo, I used the software alot!!! But it was all part of our pump training. I have no idea what to do with the Animas computer stuff.

Speaking of which, can you make changes to pump settings on the computer or do you have to access the pump for that? Sorry to ask so many questios :)

Love the FUZE pic!!!!!

Shannon said...

Hey I didn't know they have skins for the Animas...where can you find them? My daughter just got hooked up on the Animas Ping last week. WE LOVE IT!

Hopefully all is well!

Andrea said...

Camp updates will be coming. Everytime I sit down to do something on the computer, something else happens and I'm pulled in a different direction!! I totally agree with the summer needing to be over soon! I CANNOT stand the fighting! Is it August 24th yet???

Hope you are all doing good and I really hope that your neighbor's sister wants that little doggy cuz I would hate to see it turned into kibble!!!!

Jannette Thrasher said...

You remind me of a good friend of mine. You are who you are, without worring about what others think. I always use that frase... about the cigar. The doggie is cute but I agree with you. I wouldn't want to find it in the yard either. VBS has been SO relaxing. I have enjoyed our conversations. Blessings to you.

Jannette aka Nettie in the blog world.

Lauren said...

Ok, so did you find the owner of the dog? You and Andrea tend to leave us blog readers in suspense a lot....

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online