Wednesday, April 01, 2009

A ranting we will go!


This is what Jessi uses....in pink. I hear there's a purple coming. Surprised she didn't get green.

I'm so sad to hear that Cozmo is no longer. One less choice for what already seems like a choiceless disease.
What I mean is, we are limited with the choices out there for diabetic supplies. There were only a handful of pump choices, and now there's one less. Carry cases are limited, it's either medical bags or only a few fashion options. I.D. items are a little more expanded, but still limited. And insulin, though there are various combinations for each individual situation, only a handful.

Wouldn't it be nice to see more choices? Maybe in the grand scheme of things, one company gave up because of another companies interference; or the market in the diabetic industry wasn't profitable enough; or industry pressure was unbearable....maybe mainstream companies bully until they are the top dog. Whatever the reason, there needs to be more options available by more companies. Problem is there aren't that many companies involved or even interested in the diabetic industry.

Wouldn't it be nice to have as many options as there are television options?

Or cell phones?

Or Ipod devices? Even skins and accesories for Ipod devices?

Or cars?.......Hmmm well, that may be a dying industry.

Or computers? Computer programs?

Heck, lets go here......space shuttles and sattelites and space stations?

Even vitamins, or other personal enhancement drugs or acne meds...even make up?

Silly and rediculous you think? Why? Because we as a society will put more time and effort and money into things for personal pleasure and stature than into things like human well being?

If a society can do the things above........why do so many advancements for diseases get back burnered? Money.......yeah, heard all that. Tired of hearing all that, yes it's relevant, but I'm still tired of hearing it. Our society's priorities are messed up. (don't EVEN get me started on sports/entertainment/education)

I am thankful for the corner of the market there is for managing my daughters diabetes.........thank you to all the wonderful companies and people making a difference or trying to make a difference.......we need you!

1 Comment:

Bernard said...

Keep pushing for more choices. There's a group of us trying to get some design sense into companies and I think they're starting to listen.

Check out the diabetes design competition organized by Amy T at diabetesmine.com, lots of interesting stuff happened thanks to that. I think the companies forget that we're people first.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online