Thursday, February 05, 2009

Take away the skinny body, the ice rink, and the graceful fall.........and insert chunky body, roller skates, and less than graceful fall, and what do you have????

ME.....a week ago at a school fundraiser at the local Roller Rink biffing it like never before!

Oh I went down alright, and HARD! James was roller blading right along with me, we had momentum going and cruising around with the kids, really having a blast!
Then I tried to cross over my feet to make the turn and I caught my wheels on eachother and down I went. (did I say HARD?) It's been said that I was completely horizontal about 2 feet off the ground before I hit the wooden floor butt first. And not sitting, but(haha) laying down.

Yep, I'm graceful! And bruised. A nice size one right at the top of my bootie! I can't figure out how it happened to be bruised there, because I went down on both cheeks, square in the center.
Does it matter though? This stinkin' bruise is still causing me some seriously uncomfortable driving and wearing jeans pain.

I did go to the Dr. last Friday to make sure I didn't break my butt, and because I was having cramps that weren't supposed to happen for another two and a half weeks, so I was worried I might have done something to this old body of mine. 6 X-rays later, (and a preggo test just in case...negative....duh) it turns out I have a......ready for it?...........Contusion! I could've told ya that!

I do confess that I deserved to go down............I was totally making fun of the kids I knew for hugging the walls and I was going too fast for an old lady my age. After asking if I was ok, and hauling my injured self to the nearest wall, my darling (soon to be 13) daughter cried from laughing so hard. Nice. If that was me laughing at her........yeah. I think my husband knew better than to laugh................good choice dear! He did help me up and over to the wall(brownie points). Jessi was off playing games, as she stinks at skating and can barely do it, though I did skate with her before all this happened...after all, it was her fundraiser, appearances are required. Not only did my daughter laugh herself to tears, but so did ALL the kids I was taunting! I deserved that...........maybe not the owie, but that's what I get.

At least we were out there hangin' with the kids and not table hugging......maybe I should have been.?

2 Comments:

Lauren said...

Is your butt cracked?

:) Tracie said...

An inch more....

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online