There is so much going on around me that I can't help but smile.
Cale is now pumping.
Other blogger friends are receiving insurance coverage for full payment, stronger health for their daughter, surprise donations, peace in thoughts........all answers to their prayers.
Sometimes in the midst of all of our own turmoil and self centeredness we can forget to look to The Lord for help and even peace. Most importantly we can forget to pray.
There is alot of power in prayer.
Not just in asking for what we want, but for being thankful for what is going on with us. Even in the darkest of times, we are going to learn something that will help us to grow and show us a better way to live. Hopefully we are asking God to be with us and help us through whatever it is we are going through. We may not like the answer we get, or we may not get an answer in the time frame we want, but we certainly will get an answer. But if we have open hearts and invite The Lord in to help us and guide us, we are definately going to be better for it, and even changed for the better.
I admit I'm not all that when it comes to praying and even Christianity. I'm a work in progress....no doubt about that! But I can not deny the power of The Lord in my life. What He has done, and what He is doing. I'm trying really hard to change our family for the better. We have our issues, and don't even get me started on the issues of children and their behavior! I'm not sure if I'm seeing changes, but my eyes are open. I'm willing to put myself behind and let God guide me and show me the way, but I will have to work on letting Him have the power and not fight for control because I think I know the way. If I knew the way, then why am I where I am today in certain situations? Prayer is powerful, and that's where my focus is going to be.
So when I see what's going on all around me, I know why, and it makes me smile!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
The Lord is good!
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :) Tracie at 9:40 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 Comments:
God is good ALL the time ... ALL the time God is good!
It is absolutely amazing how He works. It's amazing how every detail of our planet comes together in harmony to flourish.
Control was a hard one for me too. I still struggle with it from time to time...but, I have learned that patience and acceptance is the key to finding a content heart.
Patience to wait for His work to be done.
Acceptance of circumstances, even though they may not be what you had hoped for.
When I slow down and remind myself of these things, I always stand amazed as intricate details fall into place...details that otherwise would have never come together if I were doing things MY WAY.
I am so thankful to have found other Christian D moms!!!
There's just one thing to say... AMEN! I've also learned the power of prayer lately and even though we might not understand why things happen the way they do....there's always a plan :) God's Plan!
Post a Comment