This girl is 11 today!!!!
11 years and 21 hours of labor ago, she was born healthy and huge! 8 lbs. 13 oz.! The Dr. even commented on how huge her head was---thank goodness for that C-section!! Her APGAR score was low at first, from the Demerol, then was high. Obviously didn't damage this straight A student!
Boy what a day that was! It actually started the day before. Getting admitted and being induced. So happy to be having a baby after two failed attempts. Not being able to eat anything was fun. They don't tell you they're going to starve you! I know it's so I wouldn't barf, but a girl can get hungry when she's preggo! And ice chips just don't cut it! Good thing James held out for as long as he could...like 4 hours....and then ate in front of me! Oh, sure I got Jello.....YUK!
Then the labor starts.....what the??? I'll hold out as long as I can, other women do this. Ok. Long enough.....get me some damn drugs! It was much better after that. Only problem was the drifting in and out of sleep. Oh, and the picking up the conversation where I remember leaving off....everyone else was done talking about it....but not me. That made for good laughs for them. Glad they were happy.
How could anyone fail to mention to me the way that a nurse comes in to check your dialation progress?!!!! Get the bleep away from me! Don't even think the nurse with the fake LONG nails is coming anywhere near me without leaving injured! That's an important piece of information a girl would like to know! H E L L O !
One word about water breaking.....EW! At least I was in bed with pads. But still, EW!
On the morning of the 9th, an X-ray was taken of my tummy and found that Ashlee was facing upwards instead of downwards. No more monkey-ing around, let's get this baby out for both our own good!
So there she was. Beautiful girl.
Please take her back to the nursery......I'd like to sleep. For three days. Thanks.
The time came to go home......oh yeah......loved the suppository. Should have lied about the #2.
What in the world am I going to do with this baby? Can someone come with us? What have we done? What are we going to do?
We are going to raise a beautiful, smart, sensitive, caring, funny, obnoxious, spastic, God knowing, kind and sincere girl who will give us a run for our parenting, but make our lives worth every breath we take and then some.
Happy Birhtday Ashlee...you showed us what life is really all about.
Friday, February 09, 2007
I can't believe this.....
That's my story and I'm stickin' to it! :) Tracie at 9:26 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 Comments:
Post a Comment