Insert...... H. U. G. E. ....sigh here..........
So, mom's been here all last week after she was released from the hospital for this....
Knee replacement surgery for her left knee. Pretty much bone on bone, and Dr. said it was way worse than her hip replacement and had tons of calcium buildup. (are you catching on that my mom is bionic?) She stayed with me because I know she would've overdone it at home by herself, so I let her go home Saturday. (well, I tried to kick her out friday...but it didn't happen)Jessi had a soccer game Saturday at 9:30 am, they got bageled.
Bageled: (v)-to be "creamed" at something; to lose by alot (get it, bagels and cream cheese) (I know, I'm not hip enough to think of this term on my own..I stole it from my freshman)
So upon returning home, my mom was packed and ready to go. Detour though, had to stop by the dog sitter and let them out to potty. Said sitter was gone to a doggie picnic all day and they needed out. Or so you'd think....
I have never seen so much pee before!!!!! I think what happened was when my mom "walkered" into their house......she literally scared the piss out of them! All over the floor and the dog pillows (all seven of them) and she can't bend over to clean it up....she's just had surgery and it's a wood floor. So guess what honor I had..........stinkin' greyhounds! Then after I cleaned up, they come running into the house and one dog does the splits on the slightly slippery floor, and lays there. But mom sure was able to pick her up.......hmmmm I smell a set up here.Then, it's on to the pharmacy for refills and the grocery for food. Pharmacy went smooth. Mom got one of those electric carts for the grocery store
.......um, do you need a license for those? You should! She's dangerous in that thing! Almost ran over these two ladies.........OMGosh.....that's my Bible study teacher and her daughter! A quick hello and off I go to try to find speed racer.
Then, finally, she's home. I'm unpacking her car when I get a phone call from my husband telling me the older dog has to go to the vet for stitches because she's got a quarter size gash on her back side. No idea how it was done, no dog fight, probably from the bushes in the backyard. So they come to pick me up from my moms with the dog and off to the vet we go. Have I mentioned yet that quarter size must mean huge deep gash in code?
So we drop the dog off, and go eat here...
... it was ok. I think we're getting burned out from eating out so much.Then we were in Party City looking for this costume...
Monster High's Draculaura. (Jessi got the dolls for her birthday) Apparently this is one hot item. No luck. Great....future hunting at the last minute for some dang costume! Every year.....geeesh!The vet calls, dog is ready for pick up. Poor baby.....she's drugged up and can barely walk....we can't stop laughing and feeling bad...but we get her into the truck...and 5 stitches...one ginormous shaved area...antibiotics...pain meds...and $325.00 later we're home.
Only to spend the rest of the night fighting and aggravated and miserable and watching the dog NOT sleep for over 10 hours before we put her into her dog house in the garage and call it a night at 2 am.
Oh yea, it was our 16th wedding anniversary too............




3 Comments:
OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOW!!!! I REALLY hope things have calmed down....a total knee is a BIG surgery. GOOD GRIEF!!!!
I'll pray for you.
PS -- Happy Anniversary ... for better or for worse!
Oh no Tracie! What a day! I'm sorry I'm giggling, it just seems unreal!
I hope that today is a better day, and that you and your husband find a better way to celebrate your anniversary!
Oh wow tracie you have really been through it huh ? I hope things calm down really fast . I will pray for you and God bless you and your mom and the dog .
Post a Comment