Thursday, April 09, 2009

Progress




I'm liking these numbers for sure! The basal changes on Jessi's pump are doing pretty good. I'm a little nervous during the night because that was one of the doubled up changes, but she woke this morning at 97. Not bad, I just worry about dropping during the night and me sleeping through it. (don't we all worry about this)
The rest of the day seems ok. At school Jes has been coming in for lunch checks in the low 100's and only one 65 (Wed.). Yesterday she hit 220 at home, but mostly because she was grazing and I under compensated. I just need to get used to the basal changes and let the pump do it's thing, but sometimes I just can't seem to let go of that control. With basal changes it's almost like starting over until you get the swing of things. Sometimes it takes me awhile, but I'll get it down.

For now, considering her A1C's....this is good. We're working on the "diet" part, but you can only eat an elephant one bite at a time! (now if it was chocolate.....)

4 Comments:

Hannah said...

Sounds like you're doing great! We haven't gotten a pump and I worry about the changes that are ahead for us when that comes about but you're giving me hope!!

Amy said...

Yay!! Good job mom! I know what you mean about those night time drops- they scare the heck out of me! The dr. wants us to send Jada to bed at 120- NO WAY! In order for her to wake up at a safe number she needs to be around 200 at midnight! I'm glad the changes are working for you- keep it up! :)

Jill said...

YAYYYY!! Thats great :) One step at a time!

Bernard said...

Have you looked at a continuous glucose monitor yet? I know it's another piece of intrusive technology, but it's been a blessing to me especially when dealing with lows during the night.

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online