Jessi's grades came again.............lowest was a C-......!!!!! That's in math, I hated math! I spent hours at the dining room table with my dad trying to help me. Course that was in high school, now I know why that happened.......so I could do that with BOTH my daughters and way earlier! Trust me, we'll take that grade over the last one she got. Let's just say for first time letter grades, she bit it hard the first time around. Thing is, she knows it, just doesn't want to apply herself.............wait, was that my parents talking?!? She gets a few A's, but mostly B's and C's. As long as the D's stay away and there are no F's...........she be allowed to live awhile longer!!!! I have to admit, she's like her momma! (hope you saw that, because I'm erasing it......................I'll take the 5th)
Ashlee on the other hand, is my A+ student. In fact, she's made Principals honor roll again this year. She's going for all three Jr. High years getting that one and having straight A's. Scholarships here she comes!!!! I just pray she doesn't end up all OCD and base her everything on getting A's and trying to be perfect. That's not what I want from my kids. Good grades, yes. At the cost of living, no. The effort is all I ask. ( there's that parent thing again........are they following me?)
On another note, I went with my mom to her next door neighbor/friends funeral yesterday. He was the husband, and had been fighting lung cancer for the last year. Took a chartered boat out to Newport beach and spread his ashes at sea at sunset. It was nice. He was in the Navy and had always said he wanted his ashes to be spread at sea. It was done just at the mouth of the breakwall and everyone got to throw a rose in the water, there were about 40 roses floating around. Different, but heartbreaking to see all the sadness. A little upsetting to be going to another funeral so soon to one I was just at. And the ashes part was hard because I know one day we'll have to spread my dad's ashes and thinking about that sucked. I've decided that I do not want to go to another funeral anytime soon.
On a happier note..........things are just fine around here. Now that I have typed that, look out!!! Ashlee's on spring break this week, so I'll be spending time with her, until she goes to her friends to sleep over. She'd rather hang out with her "bestie" than mom........teens, go figure! Then in 2 weeks Jessi will be on spring break.......she'll probably want friends over too. Do I get a spring break?
Been doing scrapbooking lately............and got the computer hook up for my Cricut! Still don't know how to use it yet.............dealing with the guilt from buying that and trying to justify using it first over the Ping software. I'll need to crash course myself on the Ping software first, then play with the other software. Especially because I'll be getting MY report card again April 6th!!!!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment