Monday, December 01, 2008

Did I miss something?

It's December already?????

How'd that happen? I just pigged out on 3....yes 3.....turkey dinners! The last one was last night after we fried the second turkey we bought for ourselves.

Mmmmm, fried turkey! Ever try one? You have got to make it a point to do so! But I hear that turkey fryers are not going to be sold anymore, too many stupid people blowing theirs up because they don't defrost the turkey first! That commercial for not having a cell phone signal to get the call from his friend to defrost the turkey so it won't explode is a true scenario! DUH!

We enjoyed Mom's oven turkey with these guys...

On the couch is Andrew (Shannon's brother), Mom, Kevin, Mr. Chambliss (Shannon's dad)

and on the floor is Meredith (Andrew's girlfriend), me, James & Ashlee, Shannon, Mrs. Chambliss (Shannon's Mom), and Jessi.


Like how Mom's closing her eyes...again! She was talking smack about the countdown for the timer and....snap.....eyes closed! I think she's actually looking downward at me, but she never wants to smile for any pictures! It's so frustrating! She's so concerned that she doesn't look good in pictures that she misses the point about being in them. We want her in pictures (smiling preferably) because she's a part of us, but she can be a snot about it. That being said, it's a first of this whole side of the family together and was taken right before Andrew and Meredith left that night. We were all fat from dinner and dessert and next time we'll space ourselves better!

Here's a picture of Mom's new greyhound Gracie....

She had a broken leg when she came off the track, but she's healed up nicely. She was a winning dog, but her broken leg ended her career. Here's more of her with the girls, these pictures were taken about 2-3 weeks ago.



She's a little more friendly than Pearl was and definately more than Angel is. She's still a bit skiddish, but those are the kind of dogs Mom picks. She's a barker too. Woke Mom up one night when it was raining and bumped the bed and it scared the heck out of her! Mom was shaking and trying to calm down after she realized nothing was wrong except it was raining! Too funny!

Looks like I'll be cleaning up this computer room so that I can get started on my Christmas cards this week. How is it I have to clean first to play? Oh yeah, I have messy kids! That and this room seems to be Jessi's catch all for the things she no longer wants in her room but doesn't want to throw away. Like the title says.....Such is life!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online