Thursday, September 18, 2008


This is about how I feel these days. A little stressed, a bit aggrevated, sorta overwhelmed, and fed up.


This year I took on Jessi's school PFA as co-treasurer. So far it's interesting to say the least. I had no idea what this group of women did for the school....until now. They do EVERYTHING! This group of volunteers devote their time and energy into planning fundraisers and other various events throughout the year, making sure events are chaired by other volunteers as well and following up with the progress as the event draws near, selling spirit merchandise, having meetings, being present at Back to School nights and Open House, and on and on. I've been counting money and learning how to balance a checkbook (hahaha) and computer files as well as trying to help in the Library (which won't open for a few more WEEKS if no one helps) , because it got new carpet and had to be moved in and out of the current space so things are a mess and unalphabetized. I'm actually not doing that much compared to these other incredible ladies. I'm just not used to being involved to the point of knowing all the gossip and trying to make sure I'm doing my part as well as chairing Red Ribbon Week in Oct. and just being around the school a lot more than just for lunchtime shots.


That's really not so bad because it's kinda like a "job" for me and I know eventually I'll probably need to get one when the girls are a little older so this slowly eases me back into the "workplace".
Though I'm not paid for it, I've got the time to do it and I'm at Jessi's school, so that's a plus for certain situations. This is actually a release for me, I get to be around adults. (but I could use less drama)


Segway into homelife....


There's nothing but mutiny everywhere! The girls are smartmouths, I'm not backed up by my spouse (who whines about his needs), I still have to keep the house up (hahahahaaha) and to top it off.....the dryer died last night. (Good thing MY clothes were washed!) Housework, homework, punishing, arguing, yelling, crying, pleading, DISRESPECTING, staying up late, not getting up for school..............and for the last week I attempted to exercise?!?!?


Something had to give. Sorry P90X, but we're just not meant to be. You're too extreme for me. I'm just not that into you, even with a partner. So as I bow out of my week long exercise regimen and have to take the flack from nancyboy, I don't feel bad.


A month ago I started feeling sick. 3 weeks of coughing and a Dr.'s visit later, I had antibiotic. I'm going back to the Dr. today for still having a cough and a colorful one at that. Can we knock this the bleep out!


Long post in a nutshell...........put a fork in me, I'm done!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online