Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Here's what she said...

It's been 5 weeks and 3 days on the pump.

Jessi said to me out of the blue Monday night as we were driving home from dropping off her best friend .........

"If the pump stops working do I have to go back to shots?"

me..."If the pump stops working, we can get a new one, why are you thinking about that?"

"Because I don't think I can handle shots again."

me..."So you really like having the pump, huh?"

"Yeah"

That's pretty much how it went down, though I'm sure she spoke a little more about it, but that's the main thing I heard come from her mouth.

Made me feel good to hear that, even though when she started the pump she cried how she felt like she was a caged lion. (???)

5 x 38 = 190 shots NOT taken!


(I pray that Cale's Dr. will come around)

1 Comment:

Andrea said...

That is GREAT!!! I actually talked to the doctor's office today regarding some paperwork for school and the diabetes educator asked me what we have decided about the pump. I told her that we are still very interested in the Omnipod and she came back with updated information about "their" tubeless pump (which included if the injection kinked or didn't go in right, the insulin would be able to be retrieved and put into another "pod" AND it is smaller). So needless to say, it sounds like it is coming along and maybe waiting until next summer isn't so bad (ftom the adjustment standpoint) but only time will tell. Yes he is getting alot of shots that could be avoided, but if he doessn't want tubes, then we need to get the best one for him. It's gotta be great for Jessi. She's had almost 7 years of shots. So I guess having only one year under his belt and less than one to go isn't that horrible!!!

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online