Friday, November 16, 2007

I might adopt this theory

I found this post over at this blog........


http://simplifyingmotherhood.blogspot.com/


I don't actually need to adopt this theory....seems as if I'm living this!

" In fact, I think my unshaven legs might make her feel better about herself. “Well, at least my legs are shaved,” she might think silently, “I look better than that!” she decides as she smiles and feels an inch or so taller on the inside.
So, that’s it! I can begin a new ministry. I’ll call it my ministry of mediocrity.I can make the world a better place, one unshaven leg at a time.
I can make people feel better about themselves by being less than they are. And it doesn’t have to stop with unshaven legs.
Imagine the possibilities.I can invite my girlfriends over and not do the breakfast dishes. I can let the dirty dishes sit in the sink and get crusty as we sit and sip our mocha lattes and talk about life. That way, when they go home, they can look at their own kitchen and suddenly think, “Well, my kitchen is cleaner than Trish’s!Maybe I do have it all together!”
When I go to a girlfriend’s house and it looks like she is expecting the good folks from Better Homes and Gardens for a photo shoot any minute, I know I go home depressed at my lived-in-looking-clutter-filled house. So I can make my girlfriends feel better just by not cleaning.
It’d be a sacrifice, I know, but I could even not sweep the crumbs off the carpets. I could skip making the beds, leave the laundry pile on the couch, and stop dusting my end tables.
Windex my windows? Why bother. It will only make others feel bad about their smudgy, streaked windows at home.
Wear designer clothes? Why waste the money. Others will feel better about their wardrobe if I just wear old jeans and t-shirts.
I can make a difference in the lives of so many people by just letting go of trying to be perfect and just be me. Since I am so far from perfect, that’s easy to do.
My ministry of mediocrity could spread like wildfire, mom to mom, coast to coast, and even end up blessing people in Malaysia before I am done! "

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online