Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Backsliding


Salvation has in Scriptural language the general meaning of liberation from straitened circumstances or from other evils, and of a translation into a state of freedom and security
(1 Samuel 11:13; 14:45; 2 Samuel 23:10; 2 Kings 13:17).

Wednesday night's an unusual time to go to church......it's not Sunday and it's at night. But it's church. A very laid back dress code....common in California....and the girls can even go to church class--not the CCD kind, but the kind that teaches in a fun learning way.

The church we're a part of is a Calvary Chapel...a Christian Church. They focus on Scripture and understanding it and of course there's a message involved. They encourage bringing your own bibles.....King James Version because it's easier to follow along with....but whatever you have is fine. There's lots of worship singing in the beginning....which I admit is weird for me, sorta like mini concert for 20 min. or so....we'll usually show up at the end of the signing, right before the Pastor comes out to start the message. Then he talks for about 45 min. and I swear the subjects I hear seem to be geared for me at the time! He's very engaging and we haven't dozed off once in the years we've been at this church! There's also no kneel, stand, kneel, sit routines to go through......just sit and follow along and learn.

I'm still a little baffled at the Keep Holy The Sabbath Day commandment......does that mean you should go to church on Sunday? We've backslid lately and need to get back in, so I feel if Wednesday nights work better than Sunday's for us-I'm sure the Lord will welcome us back no matter what day or night it is. And it's a step up from watching the broadcast on the internet site the church has......I mean it is literally 2 min. down the street and we'll be fulfilling the fellowship part now.

There's so much that keeps us from going to church any day.......and it's really important that we do go to church. For the sake of our own souls and so that we can teach our children how to save their souls too. Sometimes we just don't want to or can't go for one reason or another.....but it's the work of the bad guy trying to stop us from going. So kick the bad guy to the curb and go get some soul food at church the next possible time you can----no excuses!

We tend to forget that our Salvation is first and foremost in this life.....don't put it off anymore! I really would like to see you in Heaven!

0 Comments:

 

blogger templates | Make Money Online